TEN TIPS FOR DELIVERING A SUCCESSFUL EVENT.
1. Knowing your audience – Remember who your target market is and interact with your audience.
2. Set objectives – Using the well-known tool SMART and 5 W’S and one H Who, What, Why, Where, When and How.
3. Set a Budget – Set a realistic budget, How much budget will be invested and how return on investment will be measured.
4. Make a plan – Think about the venue, entertainment, catering, guest speakers – research is a must! How long will it take to deliver the event – think about a Gantt Chart, this may help you complete tasks and projects on time.
5. Use trusted suppliers – It is important to build relationships with reliable suppliers, communication is key, it is essential that the suppliers know exactly what you want and when you want it delivered.
6. Marketing PR & communications – What are the 7ps of your event? Look at social media platforms and direct marketing, how will you reach your audience.
7. Stakeholders – Understand your stakeholders – who is going to benefit from your event and who will have more of an influence.
8. Have a plan B – Always have a contingency plan, be prepared for something that may go wrong.
9. Deliver the event – It is essential to create a plan for the event, a running sheet and team briefing so that staff and volunteers are clear on job roles. Be prepared for anything that may go wrong, stay calm and professional at all times. Make sure all staff and volunteers are aware of emergency procedures. Remember to take pictures and video’s get them uploaded on social media!
10. Follow up and evaluate – It is so important to get feedback from customers so that you know what went well and what didn’t, share the event experience on social media or through emails. Be prepared for good and bad feedback remember to apologise about any complaints and learn from the mistakes.
I hope that has helped, Good Luck!